Light has to be the single most important consideration in nature photography, it simply can make or break an image.
This tip outlines the different types of light, ok let's start:
- Back light - This is when the light source i.e the sun is behind the subject
- Front Light - The light source will be behind you and in front of the subject
- Sidelight - is when the light source is off to one side of the subject or scene
- Flat / Overcast light - This is when the sun is obscured and diffused
- Spotlight (AKA god rays) A dramatic lighting when the sun breaks through the clouds and lights up a small portion of the scene
Go out there, and have fun.